Welcome to Heritage!
These sparkling collector items become
even more cherished as the years go by!
There was a time when you could walk into most any Post Office™ and buy a pair of Heritage's
sparkling, silver-plated Christmas stamp ornaments. Every year thousands of collectors did so and the ornaments sold out quickly.
In fact, the demand was phenomenal:
- A collector in Arizona spent “nearly eight hours” trying to locate just one pair.
- A San Francisco commodities dealer called Heritage three times one year, both before and after Christmas, seeking a Post Office that might have a pair.
- And another collector traveled from Post Office to Post Office in three different states over a period of three years buying all he could find. He was quoted by one newspaper as saying he wouldn't take less than “$125 for my first one.” (He paid more than $13,000 for over 8oo of the ornaments.)
In those days, Heritage produced between 65,000 and 90,000 every year for the U. S. Postal Service®.
Designed for Heritage by America's oldest silversmiths — the Kirk Stieff Company — the ornaments were an immediate hit and attracted widespread publicity.
Newspapers across the country publicized them and they've been featured for four years on the NBC-TV Today Show.
And, in the authoritative coffee table book, Silver Christmas Ornaments, they're featured alongside collectables by such prestigious silversmiths as Cartier, Harrod's of London, Gorham, Reed & Barton, Tiffany, Wallace, and Wedgwood.
But today, Heritage's annual ornaments are no longer available at Post Offices and relatively few of the original collectors even know that we still issue strictly limited editions every year.
The reason is that, when we stopped producing our ornaments for the U. S. Postal Service in 1992, no names or addresses of previous purchasers were available - - - so there was no way for us to advise them that the ornaments could still be purchased directly from Heritage.
As a result, we sharply curtailed production from the maximum of 90,000 down to very strictly limited editions of no more than 1,000 per year.
And, every year since then collectors have bought every ornament we produce. Certainly in view of the unusually appealing art on this year's Christmas stamps, 2012 will be no exception:
- The “contemporary” stamp shows a wide-eyed, waving Santa Claus flying through a star-studded sky in his sleigh filled with gifts and toys;
- And the annual religious version provides a fascinating portrayal of Joseph, guided by a brilliant star shining in the desert twilight, as he leads Mary and the Baby Jesus on their flight into Egypt.
Each stamp is sealed in accordance with our special patented process, mounted on bright red aluminum plates, covered with solid transparent epoxy and then hand-mounted on our sparkling silver-plated 2012 ornaments.
To make sure you get yours in time for hanging on your tree --- and for gifts --- we suggest you order immediately --- right now: while they're available and while you're thinking about it.
Remember that production is strictly limited to only 1,000. No more.
An enchanting display for tree, wreath, or mantelpiece, Heritage's sparkling ornaments quickly become family heirlooms ... to be handed down from generation to generation.
The Perfect Gift Idea!
What delightful attention-getters when family and friends gather around the Christmas tree.
And great conversation pieces!
Because of their rarity, their quality, and their remarkable beauty, Heritage's sought-after stamp ornaments have captured the hearts of collectors for 25 years. The perfect gift idea.
That's why some collectors have purchased four, five, six, even seven pairs annually! And why we urge you to order yours right now before they're sold out.
Remember that every year we produce only those for which orders are received by the deadline. Each pair is gift-boxed with a descriptive brochure, a Certificate of Authenticity, and bright red ribbons - - - ready for hanging.
Satisfaction or your money back! If, for any reason whatsoever, you are not 100% satisfied, return your ornaments to me within 15 days and I will gladly buy them back from you at the original price you paid. Absolutely no questions asked. That's my personal guarantee to you.
Roger Williams Dudley, Founder and Chairman